The CBS DRAMA DIVERSITY CASTING INITIATIVE is a nationwide program geared towards finding new break-out talent. The initiative, which is part of the CBS Diversity Institute, is designed to provide opportunities for underrepresented talent across the country, including areas with limited access to industry professionals. After receiving and reviewing online submissions from a nationwide open casting call, CBS Casting Executives will join local Casting Directors in FIVE cities (Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Miami, and San Francisco) to work closely with selected participants in each city on callback auditions. Following these regional casting sessions, 14-16 actors total will be chosen to travel to Los Angeles for the unique opportunity to screen test with a professional director and crew on the set of a CBS series. Screen tests will then be available to network executives and the creative teams behind CBS’ current series and upcoming pilots.
This initiative is focused on increasing exposure for people who belong to groups that have traditionally been under-represented, including African American, Asian American, Latino, Native American, Pacific Islander, LGBTQ actors and/or performers with disabilities. All applicants must be 18 and older to apply. Please see the Program Terms for more information regarding eligibility and terms and conditions.
This initiative will take place as outlined below:
PHASE 1: ONLINE OPEN CASTING CALL (“THE AUDITION”)
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM OCTOBER 13th – OCTOBER 28th, 2016
Actors may download an application and one monologue from the links provided in the section labeled ‘TO SUBMIT’. They will self-tape their audition and submit via the detailed instructions below.
PHASE 2: REGIONAL CASTING SESSION (“THE CALLBACK”)
SEE BELOW FOR REGIONAL CASTING SESSION DATES
Selected actors (per region) will be invited to callback sessions where they will rehearse their scenes with a CBS Casting Executive and a local Casting Director before going on tape.
Callbacks will take place in five designated cities: ATLANTA, AUSTIN, CHICAGO, MIAMI, and SAN FRANCISCO.
Actors should only apply if they are able to travel, at their own expense, to one of these cities on the dates listed below.
Regional casting sessions are scheduled for the following dates:
- ATLANTA, GA – November 7-9, 2016
- AUSTIN, TX – November 3-4, 2016
- CHICAGO, IL – November 2-4, 2016
- MIAMI, FL – November 10-11, 2016
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA – November 10-11, 2016
PHASE 3: LOS ANGELES (“THE SCREEN TEST”)
SCHEDULED FOR THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 12th, 2016
14-16 Actors total will be chosen from the regional casting sessions and will be flown to Los Angeles by CBS for a screen test.
Actors should only apply if they are available to travel to Los Angeles during the week of December 12th, 2016. Travel and accommodations will be provided by CBS per the Program Terms.
- Download an application here.
- Please fill out ALL requested information and sign the application.
- Make sure to indicate the region to which you are applying!
- Select ONE Monologue from the choices provided here. Read the directions below carefully.
- Please select ONE monologue from the choices provided.
- Make sure to clearly slate your name and height before your audition.
- The framing for your slate should be a fully body shot. The framing for your audition should be from the chest/shoulders up.
- Make sure there are no distracting elements (i.e. low lighting, background objects, disruptive noise, avoid wearing white, stripes, or checks).
- Self-Tapes MUST be sent in via PASSWORD PROTECTED VIMEO LINK. Make sure to include your password in your submission or we will not be able to view your audition.
- If you have another person assist you in making your self-tape, please have them complete and sign the Videographer Release at the end of the application, and include this signed release along with your signed application in your submission.
- To upload to Vimeo click here.
- EMAIL your completed and signed application, headshot and resume (if available), the signed Videographer Release (if applicable) and a link to your self-taped audition to one of the email addresses below.
- ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28th.
- YOU SHOULD ONLY SUBMIT IF YOU ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE DATES INDICATED UNDER PHASE 2 AND PHASE 3.
- PLEASE SUBMIT ALL REQUESTED MATERIALS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT CORRESPONDS TO THE CITY THAT YOU SELECT AS YOUR CALLBACK CITY IN YOUR APPLICATION.