“CBS Corporation and its divisions are committed to building an environment that values diversity throughout the corporation and in its business practices.
Recognizing the power and influence a media company carries through its various business units, including Network Programming, Network News, Local Television Stations, Cable and Publishing, CBS has been on the forefront of making diversity a reality through a wide array of initiatives targeted to talent in front of and behind the camera, as well as outreach to diverse vendors and professional service suppliers. Our goal is to impact the industry.
Internally, CBS continues its efforts to create a workplace that is representative of the American public. This commitment enables us to attract and retain employees with the talent, creativity and innovation necessary to grow our industry leadership position.
In realizing this important goal, CBS has forged important partnerships with many diverse organizations. Diversity is best achieved through a collaborative spirit.”
Executive Vice President
CBS Corporation Diversity Council
The Council dedicates its time and effort to assist the CBS Corporation to meet its goals in Diversity and Inclusion in both the letter and the spirit of those goals. In so doing, it supports and strengthens efforts companywide to:
- Build representation of diverse groups throughout our workforce at every level
- Identify the best practices from across divisions that help build the careers of diverse employees and work to communicate the benefit of those practices to implement them companywide
- Continue the process of identifying diverse suppliers to build their ongoing role in the provision of goods and services to the company
- Strengthen the dialogue across the corporation around the topics of Diversity and Inclusion – building bridges between divisions, corporate groups and employee groups devoted to this important topic
- Provide outreach to the communities we serve through employee engagement, partnerships, mentoring and informational forums
- Enhance and build robust communications vehicles centering on diversity efforts, outreach and initiatives