- REQUIREMENTS: SUBMISSION PERIOD: MARCH 1 – MAY 31, 2017
- Applicants must currently be a DGA Member.
- Applicants must be 21 or older
- Two (2) demo reels on DVD format
- Credit list and/or resume
- Accepted participants will be notified in September, 2017.
- The Program will run the length of an entire 2017-2018 season.
The Directing Initiative will select directing candidates for episodic network television and match them with directors of CBS Television Network drama and comedy series. The goal is to bridge the gap for those talented directors attempting to break into network television. The restructured program is looking for candidates that:
- Demonstrate a visual perspective in telling a story.
- Are able to execute the best possible performances while capturing the artistic thematic nature of a show.
- Are able to maximize every potential opportunity in enhancing the viewing experience.
Individual showrunners will mentor participants during the various stages of production. This informal observation process will afford emerging directors invaluable first hand exposure to the CBS Television network episodic directing process. In addition to getting a chance to observe the in-depth technical aspects of the process, this observation experience allows participants to begin to form relationships with showrunners, producers, network executives and other significant decision makers. The Directing Initiative is not employment and there is no monetary compensation. It is instead, a program of personal exposure to the process of television directing and career development. The goal of the Directing Initiative is to prepare directors for potential employment opportunities in television. The primary focus of CBS’ Diversity Institute and the Directing Initiative is to provide access and opportunities for talented and motivated diverse directors with a focus on directors of color.
Applicants must currently be a DGA Member. You must be 21 or older to be eligible.
Once application packets are complete, please send them to: CBS Diversity Institute Primetime Directing Initiative CBS Broadcast Center 4024 Radford Avenue Studio City, CA 91604 All Submissions Must Be Mailed. No Hand Deliveries Will Be Accepted. All applications must include an e-mail address in order to receive further communication from CBS. If any of the application items are missing, the submission will not be processed. The CBS Directing Initiative runs for the length of one broadcast season. Participation in the CBS Directing Initiative in no way guarantees future employment.